Pain Management and Wellness Clinic 087 2211249
About Me, Olwyn O'Sullivan
About Me, Olwyn O'Sullivan
I'm a holistic therapist in Athlone. I've had my own health setbacks over the years, which helps me understand how overwhelming it can be to have pain or debility. Despite what people may have told you, it CAN change!
With gentle Bowen I address various pains and spinal issues typically treated by chiropractor, acupuncturist and osteopath. Reiki and Sound have a beautifully calming effect on the client, and are reported as wonderful for dissipating pain. ScarWork became part of my toolset once I realised how highly important to overall body function any scar/incision can be. Each client's treatment is dynamically tailored according to their needs. Clients are amazed that such gentle therapies can bring powerful change. You are very welcome to my peaceful cosy treatment room!
If you're looking for an alternative to the needles of an acupuncturist or if you shy away from the direct spinal manipulation of the chiropractor, Bowen may be the therapy you are looking for. Using gentle rolling movements on the skin, we gently invoke the Nervous System to relax and correct muscular spasm, thus correcting spinal alignment.
- Scar Tissue
- Neck and/or shoulder restriction and pain
- Hip, knee, ankle problems
- Foot problems: Cold feet, plantar fasciitis etc.
- Temporomandibular joint problems (TMJ): Clicking jaw, facial pain etc.
- Facial problems: Facial paralysis, Bells palsy etc.
- Tailbone pain/ injuries
- Repetitive strain injury
- Headache and Migraine
- Digestive issues: Indigestion, colic, reflux etc.
- Bowel problems: Diarrhea, constipation, IBS, diverticulitis etc.
- Menstrual and hormonal imbalances: PMS etc.
- Gynaecological problems: Infertility, menopause
- Pelvic misalignment
- Sports injuries
- Respiratory conditions: Asthma, bronchitis, etc
- Upper respiratory tract problems
- Chronic fatigue
- Kidney/ bladder problems
This is not a complete list. Please contact me if your condition is not listed above
"I injured my arm and for weeks wasn't able to carry a shopping bag. Olwyn treated me to 20 mins of Reiki. Over the next couple of days I noticed the pain had gone and I was back to full strength."
Reiki is a favorite at Athlone Holistic Therapies. An ancient and gentle "laying of hands", Reiki is an unseen "life force energy" which flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. Reiki heals on mental, physical and emotional levels.
I have introduced Sound Healing to energy treatments. It intrigues me, it is so vibrant and feedback instantly on blocks. As a musician I like using my ears as part of my work!
Athlone Holistic Therapies find Access Bars to be a powerful way for clients to get through blocks or start in a new direction. 32 bars of energy encompass your head and store the electromagnetic components of all the thoughts, ideas, attitudes and beliefs that you have ever had about anything.
I hope you find everything you need to understand the main therapies on offer here at Athlone Holistic Therapies. I am intent on listening to your needs and giving you relaxing, therapeutic holistic therapy in return.
With a variety of offerings to choose from, we can find a treatment (Bowen, Reiki, Sound Therapy, Access Bars and ScarWork) for your particular needs on the day. Look around the website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me.
I add to the News page when I find something relevant or interesting, or if I am about to offer a new service!
Please Request Information or Appointment below...
We're on social media too!
Please don't keep us a secret! The best way for a holistic therapist to get known is by word of mouth!
If you like what you see, please pass it on!
For Your Visit....
For Your Visit....
- I message directions to the treatment room when you book first.
- Be hydrated for your session - drink plenty of water the day before! You will benefit more from the treatments this way.
- Please wear loose clothing for your comfort, and to help me work around your body freely.
- The fewer people in attendance the better for the client - 'company' is discouraged!
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Babies and children are very, very welcome.
- Your session should be relaxed and enjoyable. I love my work and really hope you take time out to relax on the table If something isn't right, please let me know. Everything is fixable!